- About the Book
- A Short Course
- Answering the Critics
- Letter to Congress
- Media Kit
The Team B II Report, Shariah: The Threat to America, is based on authoritative
sources on shariah, or Islamic law. A special emphasis was placed on finding sources
written by Muslims for fellow Muslims. As most of the world’s Muslims do not speak or
read classical Arabic, a great deal of effort has been made to faithfully translate the
canonical texts of shariah to make them accessible to English-speaking Muslims.
Most of the classic texts can be purchased online at Amazon.com
or at local mosque bookstores in the United States.
These sources include:
- Ali, Abdullah Yusuf. The Meaning of the Holy Quran, 10th ed., (Beltsville: Amana Publications, 1999).
- Al-Misri, Ahmad ibn Naqib, Reliance of the Traveller (‘Umdat al-Salik).
- Al-Marghinani, Burhan al-Din al-Farghani, Al-Hidaya: The Guidance, 2 vols. Trans. Imran Ahsan Khan Nyazee. (Bristol, England, Amal Press, 2008).
- Al-Nabhani, Taqiuddin, Structure of a Party, (London: Al-Khalifah Publications, 200)
- Al-Shaybani, Mohammed ibn al-Hasan. The Islamic Law of Nations: Shaybani’s Siyar (Kitab al-siyar al-kabir). Trans. Majid Khadduri. (Baltimore: Johns Hopkins University Press, 1966).
- Bostom, Andrew, The Legacy of Jihad: Islamic Holy War and the Fate of Non-Muslims (New York: Prometheus Books, 2005).
- Bukhari, Mohammed ibn Isma’il, The Translation of the Meaning of Sahih al-Bukhari, trans. Mohammed Muhsin Khan, 8 vols. (Medina: Dar al-Fikr: 1981).
- Doi, Abdur Rahman I., Shariah: The Islamic Law. (Kuala Lumpur: A.S. Noordeen, 1984).
- Emerick, Yahiya, What Islam Is All About, (1997).
- Fyzee, Asaf A. A., Outlines of Mohammedan Law, 4th ed. (Delhi: Oxford University Press, 1974).
- Ibn Kathir, Hafiz, Tafsir of Ibn Kathir, 10 vols, Translated by Abdul-Malik Mujahid, (Riyadh: Darussalam, 2000).
- Ibn Rushd, Abu al-Walid Mohammed ibn Ahmad, (aka Averroës), The Distinguished Primer (Bidayat al-Mujtahid wa Nihayat al-Muqtsid). 2 vols. Trans. Imran Ahsan Khan Nyazee. (Reading: Garnet Publishing, 2002).
- Kamali, Mohammed Hashim, Principles of Islamic Jurisprudence, 3d rev. ed., (Cambridge, UK, The Islamic Text Society, 2003).
- Khadduri, Majid, War and Peace in the Law of Islam, (Baltimore, 2006).
- Khomeini, Imam Ruhollah, “Islamic Governance: Governance of the Jurist,” (1970).
- Malik, Brigadier S. K., Pakistani Army, The Quranic Concept of War, First Indian Reprint, (New Delhi, India, Himalayan Books, 1986).
- Maududi, Abdul, Jihad in Islam, (Beirut: Holy Qur’an Publishing House, 1980).
- Nyazee, Imran Ahsan Khan, Theories of Islamic Law: The Methodology of Ijtihad, 2nd ed., (Kuala Lumpur: The Other Press, 2002).
- Qaradawi, Yusuf, Priorities of the Islamic Movement in the Coming Phase, (Al-Dar, 1992)
- Qutb, Sayyid, Milestones, (Salimiah, Kuwait: International Islamic Federation of Student Organizations, 1978 [written 1966]).
- Siddiqi, Shamim A., Methodology of Dawah Ilallah In American Perspective, (Brooklyn: The Forum for Islamic Works, 1989).
- Safi, Louay M., Peace and the Limits of War: Transcending Classical Conception of Jihad. (Herndon, VA: IIIT, 2001),
- Taheri, Amir, Holy Terror: Inside the World of Islamic Terrorism (London: Adler & Adler, 1987).
- Warraq, Ibn, Why I am Not A Muslim, (Prometheus Books, 1995).
- Usmani, Mufti M. T., Islam and Modernism, (India: Adam Publishers, 2005).
Additional articles by the following authorities:
- Alhomayed, Tariq, “The Political Activist Yusuf al-Al-Qaradawi,” Asharq Alawsat (the London-based daily), January 21, 2010, accessed June 12, 2010.
- Al-Qaradawi, Yousuf, “Why is secularism incompatible with Islam?” Saudi Gazette, 11 June 2010.
- Al-Taskhiri, Mohammed Ali, Journal Islam Today, “Terrorism: Factors and Countermeasures,” September 8 2010.
- Baran, Zeyno, “The Muslim Brotherhood’s U.S. Network,” Current Trends in Islamist Ideology Vol 6 (Center on Islam, Democracy and the Future of the Modern World, Hudson Institute, Washington, DC, 2008).
- Elsanousi, Mohamed, “The Islamic Society of North America (ISNA),” accessed July 18, 2010.
- Ibrahim, Raymond, “Islam’s doctrines of deception,” Middle East Forum, October 2008, accessed July 17, 2010.
- Kabbani, Sheikh Hisham, President, Islamic Supreme Council of America. Speech to U.S. State Department, January 7, 1999.
- Maher, Shiraz, “UK: The Rise of The Muslim Voting Bloc,” Hudson New York Briefing Council, April 15, 2010, accessed September 8, 2010.
- Malik, Shiv, “For Allah and the caliphate,” New Statesman, September 13, 2004.
- Munson, Ziad, “Islamic Mobilization: Social Movement Theory and the Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood,” The Sociological Quarterly 42(4), January 2002.
- Osman, Hoda, “Extremist Islamic conference shut down,” CBS News, June 25, 2009.
- Sardar, Ziauddin, “The Long History of Violence Behind Hizb ut-Tahrir,” New Statesman, November 14, 2005.
- Sookhdeo, Patrick,Global Jihad: The Future in the Face of Militant Islam (Isaac Publishing, McLean, Virginia, 2007).